Sunday 4 December 2011

Patterns of a Bygone Era

Despite them being ancient, cracked and ridden with dust, the layers and layers of old carpet and lino at the house had plenty of charm and spoke of an era of bright colours and patterns that is now long gone in modern interior design. Many eras in fact; as each layer revealed yet another trendy piece of flooring. In a perfect world..... Well I know how I would have it. 

Here are some of my favourite patterns; snapped before being rolled up and taken away for dumping. A bit of a shame really. Regretfully I didn't get shots of all the patterns, largely due to them being so gross and wanting them OUT ASAP. Slightly tempted to re-do the floor in an homage to it's heritage but I doubt I would be allowed.
Posted by Alice









No comments:

Post a Comment